We are Quakes and Fog LLC, a California limited liability company (“Quakes and Fog”, “Company”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”). We run the media site Seismic Sisters. We operate the website www.seismicsisters.com (“Website”).
1. What personal data do we collect?
1.1 We may collect the following information:
1.1.1 Information that you provide to us (e.g. by completing a form on the Website or contacting us).
• Your name and contact details (including telephone number, zip code and email address);
• Expressed personal preferences (e.g. communications and language settings); and
• Correspondence and communications between us and you.
1.1.2 Information we collect from your use of the Website
We may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including your computer's IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• Information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
1.3 You do not have to provide personal data to access the Website but certain functionality may not otherwise be available to you.
1.4 You confirm that all information you provide to us at any time is true, accurate and complete.
1.5 You must not provide information about anyone else unless you have that party’s permission to do so.
2. Why do we need your personal data?
2.1 We may use your personal data for the following reasons:
• Website and business analysis, administration and management;
• Allowing you to participate in the interactive features of the Website (e.g. accessing social network platforms);
• Sending you communications via newsletter subscription – should you elect affirmatively to sign up and receive;
• Using the data you provide when registering for events for future event emails and newsletters;
• Customizing the Website to suit your preferences; and
• Keeping our Website secure.
2.3 We may also disclose personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
• Third parties (such as social networks), where you direct us to do so. Your personal data will become subject to the privacy policies of those third parties when it is shared with them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements;
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets that may be disclosed to the prospective and eventual buyers; or
2.4 In carrying out the above activities, we may transfer your personal data. Wherever we transfer your personal data, we will take steps to safeguard it.
2.5 By submitting your personal data, you agree to us transferring, storing or processing your personal data as outlined above.
3.2 The cookies that we use can be categorized as follows:
• Strictly necessary cookies are essential for your use of the Website and its features. We have to use these cookies to make the Website work as it should, whether or not you agree to cookies being used.
• Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, so that we can understand how our Website is used. We may use Google Analytics or other programs for this purpose: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
• Functionality cookies allow the Website to remember you in order to provide enhanced customized features (e.g. language preferences).
3.3 To find out more about cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Your browser settings may allow you to choose not to receive any cookies: you should consult the 'Help' section of your browser for more information. By rejecting or disabling cookies, certain Website content or functionality may not be available to you.
4. Keeping your personal data secure
4.1 We take steps to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized loss or disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, lost or destroyed.
4.2 Our Website may contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how those third parties may use your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
4.3 We do not knowingly collect information about anyone under 18 years of age or the age of majority in your state of residence. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
5.1 We sometimes use third-party companies and individuals to perform functions for us, including, but not limited to, sending the newsletter, formatting the newsletter, registering event guests, managing events, processing credit card payments, and following up with you. We disclose personal information to such third parties only to the extent necessary to send out the newsletter, complete event registration, charge your credit card, provide customer service, and send promotional announcements to you.
5.2 Event Registration. Event registration may be handled by Eventbrite.com. Your
5.3 Newsletter. The newsletter is created and emailed using Mailchimp. Your name
6. Your rights
6.1 In accordance with applicable law, users of our Website may have the right to:
• access to the personal data that we hold about you;
• request that we correct, amend or update your personal data; and
• request that we stop using your information for marketing purposes and, in certain circumstances, that we stop using your personal data altogether.
6.2 You may have additional rights under your local law.
7. California Do Not Track Notice
7.1 Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser "do not track" signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers' personal information over time and across third-party websites and therefore this requirement does not apply to us.
7.2 California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users' online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator's website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. We do not knowingly permit such third parties to collect any personal information from our site unless you directly provide it to us and we provide it to them with your consent.
7.3 California Privacy Notices. If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site or our Community. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site or our Community (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
Thank you for visiting our Website.